Personalized vitamin subscription is a service that customizes the intake of vitamins and minerals based on individual lifestyles, health goals, and genetic characteristics. They collect personal information, including age, gender, dietary habits, exercise levels, health conditions, and medication usage, through online questionnaires and health assessments. This allows them to provide more targeted vitamin and mineral supplementation plans and meet specific health goals, such as boosting immunity, improving heart health, or enhancing skin and hair.
These personalized customization services also offer support based on the latest nutritional science research. Professional teams can provide the best vitamin supplementation plans based on individual information. Some companies even claim to customize vitamins based on individuals’ DNA test results and recommend corresponding vitamins based on research in nutritional genomics to predict disease risks.
However, personalized vitamin customization is not a foolproof solution to health issues. Before choosing a personalized vitamin subscription service, it is advisable to consult a doctor or professional nutritionist to ensure that your personalized vitamin plan aligns with your overall health goals. Below, we will recommend 7 well-regarded personalized vitamin customization services for readers to consider.
HUM: Best Overall Personalized Vitamins
HUM Nutrition offers a range of third-party tested nutritional supplements, including various formulas designed for skin, mood, hair, and nails. The brand provides customers with health reports and supplement recommendations through online health assessments. Additionally, HUM’s personalized vitamin customization service includes access to a registered nutritionist who can answer various questions regarding supplement plans.
HUM states that the average customer order is around $50, which means it is not cheap and may even be on the higher side. However, they provide bundled sales, periodic discounts, monthly free gifts, samples, and free one-on-one consultation services to slightly reduce costs and offer more value. Furthermore, ordering three or more products per month provides a discount, becoming a VIP member and continuing for three months or more gives a 25% discount each month, and orders over $50 receive free shipping (otherwise, shipping is $5.95). New users placing their first order also receive $10 off.
- Provides personalized nutritional advice based on online health assessments.
- In addition to offering customization services, the brand has many non-customizable nutritional supplement products to choose from.
- Offers one-on-one consultation services with registered nutritionists.
- All products undergo third-party testing to ensure their purity and effectiveness.
- Products are gluten-free, GMO-free, and free from artificial sweeteners and colorants.
- Some products may not be organic and may not be suitable for vegetarians.
- The online questionnaire does not cover crucial information such as health conditions or medication usage.
- There are some negative reviews on Trustpilot* regarding delivery and order issues, potential additional fees for canceling memberships, and the default setting for monthly recurring shipments when placing an order. If you only intend to make a one-time purchase, make sure to confirm the accuracy of your actions.
- Products: Includes various vitamin and mineral formulas, herbal blends, probiotics, collagen tablets, protein powders, and other specialized supplement formulas.
- Certifications: Third-party testing; Clean Label Project certification; Non-GMO Project certification.
- Prices: Starting at $4 per vitamin, with an average cost ranging from $10 to $60*.
- Returns: Accepts returns within 30 days.
- Shipping: Free shipping for orders over $50.
* The prices mentioned in the text are accurate at the time of writing.
Trustpilot is a well-known consumer review website where individuals share their experiences regarding purchases, product quality, customer service, and more. They rate companies or products on a scale of up to 5 stars. By reading other consumers’ reviews, you can gain insights into a company’s reputation, service quality, and the strengths and weaknesses of its products. These are valuable reference points during the shopping process.
Trustpilot ratings represent the views of registered users on the platform, and the quantity and quality of reviews may vary depending on the company and product. Additionally, while Trustpilot prides itself on fairness and strives to maintain integrity, there is still the possibility of fake reviews or manipulated ratings. It is important to exercise discernment and make your own judgment.
Persona: Highest Level of Customization
Persona Nutrition is a company that offers a variety of supplement products, including various vitamins, nutrient blends, and herbal supplements. They sell their products in daily packs, catering to various health needs such as digestion, sleep, heart health, and women’s health. Users can receive personalized recommendations by completing a 5-minute survey and can customize their orders based on their preferences. Additionally, the brand offers consultation services with registered nutritionists, pharmacists, and health experts.
For those seeking the highest level of customization, Persona Nutrition may be the best choice, although it comes with a corresponding higher price. Some formulas may cost over $100 per month. However, users have the flexibility to adjust their orders according to their budget.
- Persona Nutrition offers a wide range of products, providing maximum customization in daily pack format.
- Personalized nutritional advice based on comprehensive online health assessments.
- Consultation services with registered nutritionists, pharmacists, and health experts.
- All products are manufactured in facilities that adhere to CGMP standards.
- Positive Trustpilot reviews mainly focus on product quality and prompt and effective customer service.
- Products are not third-party tested.
- Not all products are organic, non-GMO, vegan, or gluten-free.
- Prices may be slightly higher depending on the selected supplement combination.
- Negative Trustpilot reviews primarily involve issues with orders and shipments. However, the company responds to each negative review individually.
- Products: Includes complex vitamins, individual letter vitamins, prenatal vitamins, Omega-3, herbal supplements, probiotics, and other specialized supplement formulas.
- Certifications: CGMP Standards
- Prices: Average cost starts at $34, varying depending on the product.
- Returns: Accepts returns within 14 days.
- Shipping: Free shipping for orders over $50; $8 shipping fee for orders below that amount.
Care/of: Most Diverse Offerings
Care/of, a brand under NOHO Health, provides personalized supplement recommendations to users through an online health questionnaire. They offer a wide range of products, including comprehensive vitamins, individual letter vitamins, prenatal vitamins, Omega-3, herbal supplements, probiotics, and other specialized formulas. The brand manufactures its products in NSF and CGMP-certified facilities and conducts internal testing to ensure product quality, but they have not undergone external third-party testing.
One significant advantage of Care/of is its commitment to transparency. The ingredients used by the brand are traceable, and potential allergens are clearly stated on their website. Most products are suitable for vegetarians, gluten-free diets, and meet various dietary preferences and restrictions.
Care/of has a high Trustpilot rating of 4.6 stars (out of 5 stars). Most consumer feedback highly praises the product’s effectiveness and quality. The brand has also received the highest A+ rating on BBB*.
- Care/of offers a diverse range of products to meet various needs.
- Personalized nutritional advice based on online health assessments.
- Products are manufactured in NSF and CGMP-certified facilities and undergo internal testing to ensure quality.
- High ratings on Trustpilot, with positive reviews mainly recognizing product quality and effectiveness.
- Products have not undergone external third-party testing.
- Some products may not meet vegan or gluten-free requirements.
- No consultation services provided by medical professionals.
- Negative reviews mainly involve issues with order errors and delivery delays.
- Products: Includes comprehensive vitamins, individual letter vitamins, minerals, herbs, probiotics, collagen powder, protein powder, electrolyte sticks, and other specialized supplements.
- Certifications: Third-party testing, Certified C.L.E.A.N., non-GMO certification.
- Prices: Average cost ranges from $5 to $34 depending on the product.
- Returns: Accepts returns within 30 days.
- Shipping: Free shipping for orders over $40; $8 shipping fee for orders below that amount.
Better Business Bureau (BBB) is a non-profit organization aimed at promoting fair, honest, and reliable business practices. BBB ratings provide an overall evaluation of businesses, taking into account factors such as complaint handling, advertising transparency, contract fulfillment, and more. The ratings use a scale from F to A+, with A+ being the highest rating. Consumers can rely on BBB ratings to understand a company’s reputation and business practices, helping them make informed purchasing decisions (and also to file complaints against businesses with poor quality or service).
BBB ratings carry a certain level of authority and credibility among consumers. They provide insights into a company’s reliability, trustworthiness, and sense of responsibility towards consumers. This is particularly important when selecting reliable and trustworthy businesses, especially for significant purchases or establishing long-term relationships with companies.
Roman: Best for Physician Consultation
Roman is a company that offers comprehensive digital health services, including online consultations, delivery, and follow-up services. The brand provides a variety of vitamin options for both men and women at a monthly cost of approximately $35. Roman’s advantage lies in its provision of free physician consultations, allowing users to obtain more personalized vitamin products through online communication with physicians.
Additionally, the brand offers free shipping and free subscription cancellations. Their products are free from sugar, sweeteners, artificial flavors, artificial colors, soy, yeast, gluten, dairy, and genetically modified organisms (GMOs), making them suitable for vegetarians.
- Roman provides free online physician consultations to help users obtain personalized products.
- The company commits to maintaining transparency in its practices and production.
- Products are free from sugar, sweeteners, artificial flavors, artificial colors, soy, yeast, gluten, dairy, and GMOs, making them safer and healthier.
- Meets the needs of vegetarians.
- The brand’s information does not mention whether the products undergo third-party testing.
- The product range is not as extensive as other similar brands.
- Lower ratings on Trustpilot and BBB, with negative reviews mainly involving issues with order processing, shipment, and insurance fees.
- Products: Includes male/female vitamins, minerals, etc.
- Prices: Average monthly cost is approximately $35, depending on the product.
- Returns: Returns are not accepted.
- Shipping: Free shipping.
Ritual: Formulas for the Whole Family
Ritual is a vitamin brand that focuses on family health. While they do not strictly offer “personalized customization,” Ritual provides ready-made vitamin formulas tailored to different ages, genders, and life stages, catering to the needs of men, women, teenagers, children, as well as prenatal and postnatal stages. Their Essential for Women Prenatal vitamin has received positive reviews in the market. Compared to other brands, Ritual stands out in terms of ingredient quality. According to the brand’s own description, they have a dedicated medical team focused on developing clinically-backed beneficial ingredients.
In addition to vitamins, Ritual offers other products such as Essential for Women Plus, which supports gut health, skin supplements, and pea protein powder. Ritual places a strong emphasis on product quality and transparency. All ingredients used in their products are traceable, vegan-friendly, gluten-free, and undergo third-party testing. Furthermore, their product packaging is 100% recyclable. To provide a more cost-effective shopping experience, Ritual offers bundling discounts, with a $15 discount for purchasing multiple products per month. Additionally, the brand offers free shipping.
- The Ritual website provides detailed information on the sourcing, procurement, testing, and packaging of each ingredient.
- Ritual offers multiple vitamin formulas based on gender and life stages.
- All products undergo third-party testing to ensure purity and efficacy.
- All products are vegan, non-GMO, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
- Free shipping.
- Ritual cannot provide personalized recommendations or support from healthcare professionals. All products are pre-formulated based on age, gender, and life stages and cannot be customized.
- Compared to other brands, Ritual has a relatively limited selection of supplements.
- Products: Includes essential vitamins, prenatal vitamins, postnatal vitamins, children’s gummy vitamins, probiotics, protein powder, and skincare supplements.
- Certification: Third-party testing.
- Prices: Average cost ranges from $30 to $40.
- Returns: Returns are not accepted; free refunds within 30 days.
- Shipping: Free shipping.
Gainful: Best for Sports Supplements
Gainful is a brand that provides customized sports supplement services for fitness enthusiasts, particularly popular among individuals looking to increase their protein intake.
While the brand does not offer vitamins per se, it provides customized protein powder blends based on an online questionnaire that gathers information on users’ activity levels, health conditions, fitness goals, and dietary patterns. The protein powder is made from various protein sources, including whey protein, whey concentrate, whey isolate, casein, organic brown rice protein, and organic pea protein. Users can also choose from nine different flavors, such as chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon, matcha, etc., based on personal preferences. In addition to protein powder, Gainful offers personalized electrolytes and pre-workout supplements, as well as fiber, collagen protein, and creatine supplements, to help fitness enthusiasts achieve their goals more effectively.
On Gainful’s official website, users can find detailed information about product ingredients and nutritional content. Gainful offers auto-subscriptions and regular shipments, along with consultation services from registered nutritionists regarding nutrition, fitness, and Gainful supplements. Gainful also provides options for vegetarians and individuals following a ketogenic diet, ensuring that all products are gluten-free.
- Provides personalized sports supplement recommendations based on questionnaire results, such as protein powder.
- Offers consultation services with registered nutritionists for professional health and nutrition advice.
- Provides options for users with various dietary patterns, assisting them in achieving weight loss and fitness goals more effectively.
- Offers gluten-free and plant-based options to accommodate different dietary needs.
- Products are free from artificial flavorings, colors, and sweeteners.
- Products are free from common allergens such as soy, wheat, nuts, shellfish, fish, and eggs, reducing the risk of allergies.
- All products are manufactured in facilities that comply with the FDA’s Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP) standards, ensuring product quality.
- Products are not tested by third parties, so purity and efficacy cannot be guaranteed.
- Prices are relatively higher compared to other brands in the market.
- The range of product options is relatively limited.
- May not be suitable for individuals with severe allergies to certain foods.
- Products: Includes protein powder, electrolyte bars, pre-workout blends, collagen protein, fiber, creatine.
- Prices: Average cost ranges from $17 to $45.
- Returns: Returns are accepted within 7 days.
- Shipping: Free shipping for orders over $60; $5.99 shipping fee for orders below that amount.
Perelel: Best for Pregnancy & Postpartum
Perelel specializes in providing customized vitamin services tailored to the specific needs of pregnancy and postpartum stages. The brand collaborates with obstetricians/gynecologists and women’s health experts to offer specific vitamin formulas for different stages of pregnancy and postpartum. These high-quality, personalized vitamin products aim to provide comprehensive nutritional support during this special phase of life. To enhance the user experience, the brand also provides guidance on product selection.
Perelel offers a wide range of products, including comprehensive vitamins for both men and women, vitamins for fertility support, and prenatal supplements for different stages of pregnancy. All products are provided in daily dosage form for convenient consumption based on individual needs. All Perelel supplements undergo third-party testing to ensure purity and efficacy. Additionally, the products are free from GMO ingredients, gluten, soy, artificial colors, and additives, minimizing potential adverse effects on users’ health.
- Provides various supplements tailored to different stages of pregnancy and conception based on questionnaire results.
- Offers daily vitamin custom packs for easy carrying and consumption.
- Tested by third parties, and products are manufactured in CGMP-certified facilities.
- All products are free from GMO ingredients, gluten, soy, artificial colors, and additives.
- Offers a free recycling program.
- Prenatal vitamin custom packs automatically update as the pregnancy progresses.
- Omega-3 supplements are free from fishy aftertaste.
- The first trimester prenatal vitamin custom pack is now available in powder form for easier swallowing.
- Slightly higher prices.
- Not suitable for a vegan diet.
- No support from healthcare professionals.
- Limited options for personalization.
- Some users have reported unpleasant tastes of certain supplements, and the third-trimester prenatal vitamin custom pack may cause constipation.
- Products: Includes prenatal vitamins, various vitamins, probiotics, iron, and other specialized supplement formulas.
- Prices: Average cost ranges from $23 to $59.
- Returns: Returns are accepted within 30 days.
- Shipping: Free shipping for orders over $35 or one-time purchases over $60; $7 shipping fee for orders below that amount.